Nokof wheel spinners for ARE 'Silverstone' wheels please!

I posted this several years ago - but thought I'd give it another try. My US re-import 4A is fitted with American Racing Eagles 'Silverstone' wheels and the centre spinner caps are called 'Nokof's'. The spinners are pretty mashed so it would be nice to replace them. Standard wire wheel spinners are too small - OD  of threaded centre mount of my wheels is around 76mm. If anyone knows where I can source original 'Nokof's', or find an alternative centre cap I would be very grateful.

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

Just bring your knock-offs for re-chroming, they will grind and buff them nicely. My originals were completely shot with deep hammering marks and this is what it got back 

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 03.46.11.jpeg

Try looking at other makes that have wire wheels and spinners but different diameter

I think Jaguar have bigger diameter hubs/knock off nuts

You might have to look at wire wheel manufacturers to source what you need

Good Luck

Michael

12 hours ago, MichaelH said:

Try looking at other makes that have wire wheels and spinners but different diameter

I think Jaguar have bigger diameter hubs/knock off nuts

I suspect the matter of finding replacements is a little more complicate than that, as these are not wheel-retaining spinners but are a centre hubcap made to look like a knock-on / knock-off spinner.  As such they can be lightweight (to lessen unsprung mass) in comparison to a conventional spinner ..and they screw onto the alloy wheel rather than onto a splined hub.   The wheel nuts retain the wheel.   

I suspect the source for a replacement will have to be the wheel's manufacture : American Racing Eagles,  or perhaps their casting shop / supplier.  Having a quick look at their website I see they presently supply < these > three-eared hubcaps, but who knows - they might possibly have old stock two-eared ones like yours. Otherwise I think you'll have to watch out for some coming up on the second hand market.  If you find some I'd be interested in a set myself.

Pete.

p.s.  a google search finds < these >

Edited by Bfg
5 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Surely if you measure the thread (tpi) and the diameter of your 'spinners' you could probably find stock 'spinners' from another source?

Tom.

They arent a spinner but a finisher which is often why they get damaged by tire shops trying to beat them off.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, rogerowen said:

Sorry to say my spinners are very broken - beyond repair.

FWIW Im sure I have a set somewhere. Will have a look.

Stuart.

19 hours ago, rogerowen said:

I'd probably bite your hand off if you found some! :wub:

I will check for you next time Im in my shed.

Stuart.

37 minutes ago, stuart said:

I will check for you next time Im in my shed.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, the OD of the centre spline is 3" or 76mm and the TPI is very coarse around 8 TPI.

Cheers,

Roger

28 minutes ago, stillp said:

This might be the last published picture of Stuart's hand. :D

Pete

Teeth sharpening in progress :lol: 

29 minutes ago, stillp said:

This might be the last published picture of Stuart's hand. :D

Pete

13 hours ago, Geko said:

Now the silly question: are they self-tightening ?

Believe it or not as they are handed the same as ordinary spinners they are.

Stuart.

Has anybody tried the spinners from GC360.

The wheels are 76mm dia in the centre but are not threaded so I assume the spinners are not threaded. 

Worth a try if nothing else available

http://gc360enterprises.com/

Graeme

11 hours ago, graeme said:

Has anybody tried the spinners from GC360.

The wheels are 76mm dia in the centre but are not threaded so I assume the spinners are not threaded. 

Worth a try if nothing else available

http://gc360enterprises.com/

Graeme

They used to do threaded ones but only Right handed. The ones they supply now are fitted with internal screw clamp and arent the same.

Stuart.