TR5 metering unit and rebuild

Hi All

its been an interesting few years and things now settling down the house is finished and the garage just have packing boxes to clear

So after 26 years will this be the year i certainly hope so

Looking for a metering unit with the push on bit  for the bleed i have a screwed unit, i posted in the swop shop but nothing yet

not bothered about condition as i will need to get it sorted along with the rest of the car haha see below

let me know if you have one kicking around

cheers

david

IMG_2652.JPG

5 hours ago, dblenk said:

Hi All

its been an interesting few years and things now settling down the house is finished and the garage just have packing boxes to clear

So after 26 years will this be the year i certainly hope so

Looking for a metering unit with the push on bit  for the bleed i have a screwed unit, i posted in the swop shop but nothing yet

not bothered about condition as i will need to get it sorted along with the rest of the car haha see below

let me know if you have one kicking around

cheers

david

IMG_2652.JPG

I used to make the push on adaptors that would screw in where the threaded adaptor goes.

Simple job. Buy a long grease nipple for a UJ.  

File the staged area at the bottom so the spring and ball ping out.  

Drill the hole out to 1/8” or at least the same bore as the hole the spring and ball flew out of.

Cheers

Peter W

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-UNF-STRAIGHT-Grease-Nipple-Long/123369447997?hash=item1cb964623d:g:9kMAAOSwMPxbm2rI

PS  link to grease nipple