Has anybody had experience with child safety car seats that would fit in a TR6 ?

i have inertia seat belts fitted.

make and model would be good, and some  pictures of a seat being used would be very useful !

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen people fit child seats in TR4/5/6 on the rear shelf secured using the handy pickup points/bolts under the rear deck. The only disadvantage of this approach is that the kid is effectively bolted to the petrol tank.

Hi

Child car seats will tend to be quite universal fit for three point seat belts so there should be a good selection. Many of the better suppliers will have a seat fitting service which will allow you to take your car to the shop in order to test fit different models (even if you are not ready to buy). This may be the best route because child seats continue to improve. Choosing a later design test fitted may be preferable to an earlier example. 

Best Regards

Steve

Thanks to all.

my daughter, as it is her first child is a bit "reticent " about me taking Penny out in the 6, even though it will be a while yet.

the latest child seats have special fixings on them now which allows fitting to the majority if modern cars ....isofix I believe.

i will need expert advice to convince her that a seat held in by a 3 point inertia belt will be safe

i will go to a shop with my daughter and try out a few seats.

You could retro fit the isofix system

but a good child seat with traditional belts are as safe apparently. 

They standardised fitting to isofix due to poor installation of the seat belt versions. It removed some of the human error in installations.

Leslaur Universal Car Child Seat Restraint Anchor Mounting Kit for ISOFIX Belt C... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S9Q9LLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_oe3CDb78H2QWQ

On 9/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, ctc77965o said:

I have seen people fit child seats in TR4/5/6 on the rear shelf secured using the handy pickup points/bolts under the rear deck. The only disadvantage of this approach is that the kid is effectively bolted to the petrol tank.

Crawfie, this is what I did with all my kids when they were very small (in the 3A) but, would not necessarily recommend as best practice..

Just an added thought.. 

You are strapping a car seat to a vehicle that as a whole in no way meets modern vehicle safety standards.  Will the seat be effective if the vehicle is not?  Is it worth the risk to the child or the relationship with family if something goes wrong?

maybe fine for a first gear run through Tesco's parking lot,but on the open road??

not preaching, your choice. It is great to get the next generations involved.

Graham

Edited by Graham J