Here's a really good YT guide to tuning SU's - hmmm?

Good grief:blink:

One point prompted by the video:

If you are lucky enough to own two Syncrometers don’t forget to swop them over once the carbs are balanced and re-compare to check that they are equally calibrated.....you’ll probably find that they aren’t and will have to revert to swooping them back and forth :unsure:

Using two Syncros is still a good idea as using two should equalise the restriction on each carb. 

Yes Pete, not sure what was shaking the most..the camera or the engine!

Andrew , he is fortunate to have two synchrometers but it still seemed to be running like a sack of at the end! They look like new carbs to me but I would have thought he would be best to tune the mixture with the filters in place.

Kevin

9 hours ago, boxofbits said:

Yes Pete, not sure what was shaking the most..the camera or the engine!

Andrew , he is fortunate to have two synchrometers but it still seemed to be running like a sack of at the end! They look like new carbs to me but I would have thought he would be best to tune the mixture with the filters in place.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, Didn't see him tune or adjust anything?  Think those carbs require properly setting up. For a start the throttle spindle clamps need to be loose.