Epoxy primer in aerosols

Gentlemen,

I plane to spray some small parts off my 4, such as the dashboard, using Poxy primer in aerosols.

I am seeking advice on suitable face masks.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham,

I take it that you are referring to the 2K primer.

If you google H&S for 2K paint I believe you will find they are not overly concerned for suck small quantities. 

Certainly wear a mask to stop the  large particles getting into your tubes but I think you will find the Cyanide etc solvents are not a major worry.

Either do it outside or well ventilated area.

Roger

I bought a 3M mask, type 7502 with 06915 filter cartridges and pre-filters. I only have 2 lungs, so a well spend 30 euro’s.

It works perfect, and comes in sizes S/M/L.

There are cheaper throw-away versions too. A simple dust mask is not sufficiënt.

I used Spraymax 2K primer and Spraymax 2K paint (made to order) for the insides of panels. Not cheap, but it gave a good result. I do have a compressor and paint gun but opted for this because I was concerned about the neighbourhood, imagined red spots on cars, windows etc.

These cans create little dust/mist. I built a spray boot in my garage from thin plastic foil and used an old vacuum cleaner to extract dust and vapour/create under-pressure (sort off). It worked ok for me like this.

Regards,

Waldi