Breeze breaker / wind deflector advice wanted

Mrs Hawk has finally ground me down and convinced me that we 'need' a breeze breaker. 

Personally I'm not a fan of the mesh variety and very much prefer the glass / perspex screens but understand that these are designed so poorly that you can't put the hood up without removing it which just seems crazy to me. 

And so what I am after is some recommendations and / or an offer of one for sale on the cheap :) 

In making any recommendations, it would be really useful to know if the hood can be raised with the wind breaker in situ and if the hood cover still fits (there seems to be some that require modification to the hood cover?).

Thanks  

I have one of the mesh type that the register sells, I am not very impressed with the brackets that fix the thing to the car so am in the process of modifying it to clip onto the headrest stays of my MX5 seats. I have been using it fixed to the stays with a bungee and it works fine, the hood go's up and down without any problems apart from getting to the zip for the rear window. One of my objectives is to have it easily removable as our dog often travels in the back.

George

Fyi i fitted a perspex windbreaker to my 6, custom shaped to ‘fill’ my Alleybars roll hoop

the change to airflow was noticeable, but unfortunately this caused fumes to fill the cockpit so ot was rapidly removed.

no fumes without the windbreak, just wind !

steve

Personally, I would hold out for a 'Breeze-Breaker' made by club member Chris Russell coming up on eBay, by far the best out there. Unfortunately, Chris no longer makes Breeze-Breakers - he also made them with extended brackets for the MX5 seats as show in the photos below - the second photo show the bracket and folding mechanism with the original seats fitted:

44449709_10212987202689980_1258412275128

43950000_10212948634165791_9133322816223

+1 I have the same as Andrew with MX5 seats. No problems with the roof and the hood cover goes on perfectly. The flap from the breezebreaker Velcro’s to the hood bars and seals everything off with no drafts and it also leaves plenty of space for behind the seats.