Another computer problem

Apologies for this but I seem to have opened a dodgy email and since then can't really get into my Hotmail emails.  Having entered the account name and password, all I get is a short message that is at best unhelpful, viz  [object ReadableByteStream], as per the attached photo.  Can't get to the emails - or anything else in Hotmail.

Can anybody out there help me out on this?430511581_20190820Screenpicofproblem-small.thumb.JPG.56ab9e1ef4dbeaf1ef524d9b59980d45.JPG 

This appears to be something to do with cookies and the cache.

Info here perhaps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-into-my-hotmail-account-please/b2f4b70f-3316-4ab2-bb70-7d5a136562ad?page=15

Have you tried a different browser?

Edited by RobH
bad link

Hi Rob

Very many thanks for the pointer.  It seems to be working OK for me now - what a relief!

The area indicated by you is close to one that I was investigating but shied away from entering into a Settings area labelled 'Developer Tools'.  I know a bit about computers but that seemed a little too deep into the weeds for comfort.  Anyway, I dived in, followed the instructions and seem to have fixed it.  You are right to think it associated with caches and the like.

Looking through all the correspondence and other stuff, it seems as though the original problem came into existence pretty recently as a result of a software upgrade - now where have we heard that before?  Anyway, it wasn't anything to do with a dodgy email, it seems.

Finally, very many thanks again - another example of the depth of expertise and helpfulness that is available on this forum.