Novice re-visits Rear Suspension

Novice re-visits rear suspension.

Having completed the suspension at the front I have turned my attention to the rear..again.

Back in April I fitted new springs supplied by Revingtons Red/Yellow 450lb and had the lever arms refurbished by Stevensons of Birmingham and fitted upgraded rear link arms.

The rear end has had a lot of movement and I have been considering the Revington upgrade with the damper located inside the rear spring but when out at the weekend the rear was bottoming out against the bump stops on undulating surfaces. On inspection the passenger side lever arm is leaking. I've whipped these off and sent back to Stevensons for inspection.

Question is:  Would the upgraded springs have a detrimental effect on the lever arms causing them to leak or is it just bad luck.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

as mentioned the spring and LA have no effect on each other. 

Listening to the grapevine Stevesons have been having problems this last year.

The damper in spring is an adventurous journey and may not work.

Have you considered converting to a Koni strut

Roger

Thanks Dave and Roger good in some respect to know that the LA are not effected by the upgraded springs.

I had thought that the Revingtons system sounded pretty good but now I'm not too sure, looks if I've a lot of research to do.

Any direction on the options appreciated.

Phil