Tr4A Grill to wing fit

Hi Guys, 

Currently pre fitting my front wings/grill to my 65 TR4A body tub now rebuilt before body shop painting. The car came to me mainly stripped down with wings loosely fitted.

As this is my first foray into TR4 restoration, I'm not clear regarding the gap between the grill and the front wings. Although the wing profile follows the shape of the grill there is a approx. 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap through which you can see into the inside of the wings? Is this correct or should there be some seal in this area to prevent weather etc entering under the wing?

Any advise/close up pictures would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Rich

Ah! no they are not fitted as they did not come in the box of bits. I did wonder what the slotted holes in the inner wing were for, now I see. Will have to buy a pair. This will fill in the gap between the grill and the wing. Thanks Rich