Which way round for side flashers

405B153F-BAB1-4B3B-AE1B-EF7F324C81A1.jpeg.ab0e943a8ef2a5450492707867cfd336.jpegThick end at the back, more aero efficient 

Edited by Paul Hill
1 hour ago, PodOne said:

Look better with the thick end at the back :ph34r:

To right just looks right

The TR6 is a squarish type of car rather than angular so Mark’s original post where he describes the repeaters as being ‘parallel to the car’ must be what Karmann wanted to achieve.

So now that you know, are you still going to be wearing your shoes on the wrong feet :rolleyes:?

cheers

dave

Done a bit of searching on the Cars for sale Pistonheads and Auto Trader and there are many cars which have them thick end to the front as there are thin end to the front. Mine are staying as they are

Phil, when I looked at your picture, something looked different.  I nipped out to the garage myself.  That was it!  The chrome-like border of the US spec cars.

It seems such a trifle to create a whole different part for.

Ed

DSC05221a.JPG

My cp car has the original Lucas lenses and they have the chrome surrounds.  The original tr book also shows the uk cars at least as having the chrome surround. 

Ed - where have you read that the chrome is us only?

20 minutes ago, aardvark said:

Ed - where have you read that the chrome is us only?

I don't rightly remember, but I think I've seen it more than once.  Still could be wrong, though.

I believe the chrome ones are hard to find these days. 

Ed

All PI TR6 both CP and CR series had chrome surround lenses originally. It is the current repro lenses that have plain surrounds , presumably the manufacturer of these can't do the chrome for some reason or other.  

"Hard to find" - If anyone is desperate for a pair of chrome surround lenses, I have a spare pair in the garage. PM me if interested.
Ian