Jump to content
Graham

Bit of a Polish

Recommended Posts

Bit of a polish and jobs a ‘good’un’ https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1968-triumph-tr5-pi-1/

 

Any thought on what it will go for, I'm guessing circa £35K ? 

Edited by Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Graham, an interesting one, there will obviously be still alot of work to do, as everything was done some time ago, and not driven since !  Hope you are good at Polishing  !!

Conrad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graham

Me thinks £32,000  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, openroad said:

Hi Graham, an interesting one, there will obviously be still alot of work to do, as everything was done some time ago, and not driven since !  Hope you are good at Polishing  !!

Conrad.

I'm trying to convince SWMBO that it would be cheaper to put this one back on the road than rebuild the one I have sat in the Garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, Graham said:

I'm trying to convince SWMBO that it would be cheaper to put this one back on the road than rebuild the one I have sat in the Garden.

I would stick with what youve got, the one in Anglia has been doing the rounds for a while, it was on Ebay for a while too. its over described.

Stuart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue Tr5 26.5 k plus commission...

Alot of work needed.

Conrad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes as Stuart said over described , And a very home restoration done a while back when these cars where just another tr , this one will require several thousands worth of polish 

in comparison the low mileage yellow six  was withdrawn at 22:5K 

graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tr graham said:

 

in comparison the low mileage yellow six  was withdrawn at 22:5K 

graham

That's the one i viewed in Derby weeks ago Graham??

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I thought so , it’s been painted since you saw it , and does not seem to have increased the valuation we saw then , take the cost of painting and the 6% sellers I think we where spot on !! Did not help that they pushed it through !!

graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stuart said:

I would stick with what youve got, the one in Anglia has been doing the rounds for a while, it was on Ebay for a while too. its over described.

Stuart.

Sorry to contradict Stuart but you're mixing this car up with another. The car at ACA hasn't been on the market since 1985 and certainly hasn't been on Ebay recently or ever! Needed a lot of work, in fact starting again from scratch, although the chassis and body were decent, the paint finish was awful, I did several walk around descriptions for interested parties. Interestingly it made more than the running driving scruffy red one which I thought was a better car! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, marko said:

Sorry to contradict Stuart but you're mixing this car up with another. The car at ACA hasn't been on the market since 1985 and certainly hasn't been on Ebay recently or ever! Needed a lot of work, in fact starting again from scratch, although the chassis and body were decent, the paint finish was awful, I did several walk around descriptions for interested parties. Interestingly it made more than the running driving scruffy red one which I thought was a better car! 

Hi Mark,

What did the Red 5 fetch ?

regards Mick Richards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't actually there yesterday Mick (Son's Footy) but understand the red one made about £26k plus commission.

Mark 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mark.

Are there any signs yet the classics market is starting to stall as per the everyday car sales have done ? 

Mick Richards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a question bigger than my brain can handle Mick - My take is that it's a bit like the housing market, first time buyers are being awfully cautious with their money and waiting for this Brexit shenanigans to come to a conclusion.

Good cars will always find new homes from genuine buyers that understand the market fluctuations. Other's see it as a good opportunity to strike a decent deal on a luxury item.

Regards Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Marko, the Red 5 was much better value than that Blue 5.  The Blue 5 needed a complete rebuild, and made good money at circa £26K + fees in my option.

 

The Yellow low mileage 6 was not that nice at all either. Over-spray on several components, plus several other defects.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It (the market) probably won't stall just yet as interest rates remain low so classics seem good investments until interest rates rise and or bills start coming in.

The bubble has been growing for a few years and it would seem a reasonable assumption that it probably won't be too long before those who bought cars speculatively rather than genuine enthusiasm decide the novelty of classic ownership isn't for them or the tarted up car they bought starts to show a few faults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.