Callipers

Without going mad what is a good alternative bigger brake calliper for the 6. I’m thinking something off another make of car perhaps ?

Would love a pair of AP’s or similar but this car owes me a ridiculous sum now and it still looks like a shed. 

Thx 

Why bother, theres nothing wrong with the standard system, just buy some decent pads and bed them in properly, personal favourite is the Hawk pads from Cambridge motor sport.

Stuart.

I have a pair of Girling 3 pot calipers for sale. Literally just refurbished by Bigg Red. I collected them yesterday. These are a straight fitment onto a TR without any modifications.

If you’re going to the International in Stratford, let me know and you can see them - I’m local.

David

David, what would they have been used on in a previous life?  

Unfortunately I’m not travelling up there. 

26 minutes ago, ed_h said:

If you can easily lock up the brakes (and you should be able to) what benefit would there be to bigger callipers?

Ed

For less effort on the pedal. For example on a circuit with repeated use I’m sure a bigger calliper would be advantageous. 

Do the racing boys use standard callipers, if so I’m happy keep the std ones 

Thanks David. 

I have access to lots of Jaguar Etype parts and thinking that maybe I can fall over some this end. 

Thank you for your help and advice. Do you use unrated callipers on your TR?