The fuel pump is leaking oil from the pivot shaft. I would much prefer to fix it than put on an after market one.

Any ideas welcome.

Hi John,

there should be a gasket between block and pump and I'm sure (but not positive) that it should have a slit in it for the arm to stick through.

This should limit the amount of oil in that area.

Also what is your crank case pressure like - it could be on the high side.

Roger

There is a small seal in the very base of the pump where the shaft from the diaphragm goes down through. Unfortunately its not available in the current kits though I think TRF in the US may have had it re-manufactured.

Stuart.

Hi,

you are asking for the shaft the rocker arm runs on?

I put my pump out, cleaned it, glue one side of the shaft with 2K glue, next day the other side.

This is sealed since I did that 4 or 5 years ago.

Ciao, Marco

edit: Canada AC pump without primer leaver

Edited by Z320
5 hours ago, stuart said:

There is a small seal in the very base of the pump where the shaft from the diaphragm goes down through. Unfortunately its not available in the current kits though I think TRF in the US may have had it re-manufactured.

Stuart.

The carry the kit with the seal but for $59 US. The kit sans seal from other suppliers is a bit over $10.  Tom

John

just popped into the garage I hope these pics help. 

There is the usual card type gasket but also a vinyl type that is as Roger suggests a lot more of a slit 

but also a separate hole at the bottom of the slit. The size of a paper hole punch that just corresponds to a groove in the bottom of the pump to block aperture. I think it’s there to allow oil to drain back into the engine. The pump leaver will need some lubrication but with the “slit gasket” it’s not over the top too much.  

3EC46E65-3011-482E-9F4C-C22C0D026D94.jpeg

1011E24D-76BE-4923-B89E-7EF26EE54F74.jpeg

2563599D-9F10-41CE-B457-2FCE25AC8C82.jpeg

85BD01E2-EF0C-474A-8A25-F7A4A7C8AE4E.jpeg

Thanks all. Gearbox out next week to fix the overdrive. I'll take the pump off and see if I can follow one of the ideas above.