Sign in to follow this  
ChrisR-4A

Recommended Insurance Repairer

Hi All, something worth considering when choosing which company to use when insuring your car (Not just the Classic) is how far away from your location your insurance Companies Nearest Approved Repairer is. I have just spent best part of a day taking a friend to collect his repaired car from the recommended repairer which is a 2 hour drive from his home address, turns out they did an excellent job and looked like a good company but not very convenient. 

Choosing a repairer not recommended can frequently cost you an additional £200 excess, anyone else experienced this? 

Chris 

Hi Chris

Mrs had a prang in icy conditions, then insurer Tesco said I had to take it to one of their approved repairers, this was about an hour away. I bluntly refused saying this is a total inconvenience for me and the Mrs as it's a Friday evening.

I told them I was taking it to a well respected (and used by other insurance companies) car repairer which happened to be two miles way. I cited they were not treating their policy holders fairly and put labour rate savings before customer fairness. They failed to counter the point.

Got the car repaired and Tesco paid up. Needless to say I  never insured with them again. ;)

Best wishes, Mike