Racestorations Weber Manifold & Phoenix exhaust manifold

Before I start grinding, has anyone else experienced difficulty fitting a Phoenix exhaust manifold & a Weber inlet manifold?  It looks like I'm going to have to remove some material off the lower edges to allow the inlet to fit.

Ian

Hi Ian

My tr5 (PI) has a pheonix manifold fitted by previouse owner and you can see were it has been fettled to fit. I had to remove it recently for some work to be done and it was a pig to get back on but managed in the end.

Paul

I have a Racetorations header ostensibly made by Phoenix and some of the #1 inlet tract of my CANNON Weber manifold had to be ground away to clear it. Same thing happened on the next installation I did, which now has a GOODPARTS 6-3-1 header as the Racetorations left the mid range flat on that engine. No interference with the GOODPARTS, and it really did the trick on the mid-range. Moreover, the main system had to be leaned out 1 main step and 7 air corrector steps to restore the top end performance.

Tom

Thanks chaps, I’ll put some engineers blue on the exhaust manifold offer up the inlet and see how much of a problem I’m looking at.