Wing to sill bolts replacement

Hi John, 

You can get M10 x 3/4 hex head DIN7976 A2 stainless steel suitable screws from Stig fasteners (www.a2stainless.co.uk) which work perfectly well for both lower wing fixing and rear wing fixing at the top. You have to buy a pack of 50 but its only £7 ish so not expensive. Check out all the other SS nuts/bolts etc that they sell also.

Regards

Rich

1 hour ago, stillp said:

Yes but they have a 10mm spanner size head so dont look right on external use. TBH I havent had a problem with the ZP ones from TR Shop.

Stuart.

Well yes OK, they are M10 head size. I think you have to be pretty picky (concours excluded) to notice the difference a sill level. You don't see the ones fixing the rear wings at the top. I prefer to have non rusting fixings at road level in amongst the dirt and wet? Your choice.

Cheers 

Rich

On mine, the screws (zinc plated) aren't rusty, but the spire nuts they go into are starting to rust after 30 years back on the road. I prefer a slotted screw rather than hex, to avoid having to use a spanner near the paint.

Pete