TR6 See and be seen, lighting safety

I am seeking a few technical suggestions, hope some will help with ideas ?

My 6 is well served with front end illumination and for French touring I even have a set of Lucas "yellow" strap on headlamp correction devices. But the rear end always worries me when on motorways and continental auto routes in the dark.

The rear lights are by todays regulations very low set and   low in intensity. I was wondering has anyone added modern LED red strip light bars to the hood frame or in my case roll cage ? If so, what and where did you source the lights. I feel this will at least bring the rear end up a bit and also make it brighter for truck drivers to see, and also car drivers.

Thanks

Tried several types from different sources and the only ones I would fit are the rear stop/side light LEDS ( Litezupp). Expensive but when they are in your hand you can  see why. The heatsink is machined out of billet.They are so bright, just love them.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

3 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

Tried several types from different sources and the only ones I would fit are the rear stop/side light LEDS ( Litezupp). Expensive but when they are in your hand you can  see why. The heatsink is machined out of billet.They are so bright, just love them.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Direct link https://litezupp.com/epages/ac0e8cab-e6c1-4d6b-ab90-9213bdc3f061.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ac0e8cab-e6c1-4d6b-ab90-9213bdc3f061/Categories/LED_Kits_Triumph

Stuart.

These appear to be a complete kit for the vehicle, and yes ideally I should go this way, interior instrument indicator lighting so poor that there will be a great benefit, but all I need at this stage is rear light intensification, any ideas ?

I have bosses on the roll cage that pass right behind the perspex rear window that I can straddle and provide a location pretty much central, in fact I could fabricate a bracket that places the light ( model yet to be selected) right up against the rear panel. I think that should do it.

I have to say I am more concerned now than ever about a 400 mile trip over night on French autoroute, at least no speeding tickets !!!

Hi KOB

I have fitted LED stop/tail lights to replace my standard bulbs, plus fitted an LED bar to my roll cage using stick-on velcro pads and others have commented on how effective the set up is for both day & night use. The LED bar on the roll cage does show through the rear window with the hood up and I get very little internal dazzle off the window.

The LED bar was from car builder solutions - I trimmed the plastic lugs off with a Stanley knife:

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/28-led-high-level-brake-light-235mm

I tucked the wiring under the roll bar vinyl and took a feed off the brake light wire in the boot.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve

IMG_2357.JPG

Thats just the ticket. Thank you.

I can do a complete car change over this winter.