Not a helpful bloke.

So I buy a pair of top ball joints and track rod Ends from MEV spares off eBay. 

Turn up and realise that they are without grease nipples. Phone the bloke up and ask if he does them with grease nipples. (Happy to pay more).

No he does not stock them so ask if I could send them back.    

His reply was “no I would not accept a refund on those grounds”....yeh,  thanks for your help mate....Not!

Is there still an issue with full movement of the suspension? This being restricted by top ball joints not having sufficient articulation.

That would be a reason for return. Not suitable for advertised application.

Peter W

These joints normally fail shortly from rotten rubber hose.

The grease inside is still perfect at that time.

I did some swaps with Poly hoses and still without grease nipples.

They last now for years.

Jon,

Under the Consumer  Contract Regulations you have fourteen days from the day you receive the goods  in which you can return an them, no need to give a reason and the seller has to refund the basic cost of delivery to you. There is also a time limit within which the Seller has to refund the payment you made for the goods.

You could also raise an EBay case if the Seller proves difficult.

Graham

Edited by Grahamgl

Stuart,

The Distance Selling Regulations were replaced on13 June 2014 by the Consumer Contracts Regulations. The DSR’s gave seven days to return, the CCR’s give fourteen days to return. 

Graham