How to get my car up onto castors?

I have just ordered a set of castors for my car. I decided against the ones with the built in jack as I'd like to have a more heavy duty jack around anyway, and ordered one separate. My question - before I get into this and learn the hard way - is how should I go about getting my Triumph up onto the castors - one tire at a time? one side then the other? (my guess). Do I block the castors on the side that already has them to keep the car from shifting? I thought Youtube would have this but its just a lot of videos trying to sell ones with the jack built in. Thoughts welcome...

1 minute ago, stillp said:

Depends how you like to jack your car. Personally I'd do one end then the other, but I can't see that it makes any difference.

Pete

+1

One end at a time - hand brake off and chock loosely to stop it all rolling away.

Peter W

seems logical to have the benefit of the handbraked wheels on the ground while you're jacking one end up,  so I'd do front wheels (individually being easier) first and then the back wheels. 

Edited by Bfg
4 hours ago, Bfg said:

seems logical to have the benefit of the handbraked wheels on the ground while you're jacking one end up

The problem with that is that the jack has to move a little as the car rises, so I'd agree with Peter W's advice to use loose chocks with the handbrake off.

Pete

Edited by stillp
Added "with the handbrake off"