Piper Mild Cam TR6BP255 Ignition settings

1970 CP on Injection. Just replaced standard cam with Piper Mild. Does anyone have good ignition timing info for this Cam. I am using a 123 Dizzy and previously (with the standard, albeit a bit worn cam) I set at 12 BTDC at 1k revs and setting 'D' which was the closest to the Workshop Manual Curve. This setting was fine, but I now find I have lumpiness on low acceleration and on the over ride (ie butterflies closed, decelerating).

Unfortunately this cam seems to be closer to the CR cam than similar to the CP cam you took off.

I would recommend to check the mixture under driving condition with a wideband AFR.

The timing should not be affected that much. If you do not have pinking aim for 20 degrees at 2000

and 30 degrees at 3000. That might require some of the higher 123 settings like "E".

Be prepared to swap the metering unit to a CR type due to higher vaccuum in the manifolds now.