Delighted to report that my TR4A made it to my daughters wedding (and back)! Why surprised? ......Well, it's been off the road for 15 years, I purchased it as a project but I was just not getting around to it. Then my daughter challenged me to get it going over just a few months, as her wedding transport - with no plan B allowed!

I started trying to refurb brakes and clutch units - but they turned out to be just a bit beyond rescue and so threw a credit card at new complete parts and pipes - still trying to get a perfect 'bleed' - probably expecting too much.

Carbs were well worn - so I did a major rebuild on those - well worth the effort.

Fuel tank had perforated beyond hope - but managed to find an earlier model one  for £10! It too had a few small holes but I used a Frost kit to seal it - what a messy job that is!

After a new fuel line, change oil and filter and sorting out a flooding aft float chamber the TR started straight away. One sticking valve caused a bit of concern - but seems to have got a bit freerer with a bit of use. Head rebuild planned soon.

Had masses of help from this forum - thanks everyone!

tr4.jpg

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Well done Roger,

now you can take your time to finish off all the unseen bits  :o

Roger

Thanks Roger, that's gonna take years! Think I'll just enjoy the car for a few Summer months....... then back up on the axle stands. The list is long! :rolleyes:

But it's now a rolling restoration  rather than another  long-term (unfinished) project  - which makes all the difference ..as long as you keep it rolling  !

Well Done that man  B)