Jenvey Heritage Throttle Bodies

My engine rebuild has taken a long time, so long that my thought process around an EFI conversion has taken a few twists & turns! Despite having amassed almost all the parts to go down the single TB route, I now find myself with a new job and have decided that I want to use the Jenvey Heritage TB's. I have ordered a Weber manifold and this will arrive next week, I know the Heritage TB's are in stock, my only question is whether I should go for the 40's or the 45's. I have two questions however, which size TB have people gone for? I am leaning towards the 45 as this matches the current PI TB size, also, have other users utilised the idle air valve tappings? I have an Emerald K6 ECU and an IACV available, I would like to use the IACV if possible.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I used 45mm Heritage throttle bodies and no air valve.

When set up by John (Emerald rolling road) and the only place I would go for this work as they sure know their business.Achieved  205 BHP at 5250 RPM  with more to come but decided to stop there just in case. The engine was rebuilt by a former racer who knows his stuff but, internals not known what is in there (removed from a AC ACE the owner wanted to put in the original Ford engine back in) 

The induction roar from the carbs very intoxicating and if these were around when I converted

my TR5 in 2010 I would have used the HTB for sure.

I made a stainless heat shield to go underneath the full length to protect the injectors.Makes it a bit tricky and fiddly when fitting up.

You can see it (TR6) in the concours tent  IWE. Brightest white you will ever see.

Regards Harry

Speak to Dave Walker. He said the 40s will give you a smoother flow on first acceleration and the 45s a more crisp at first acceleration. Depends how you want to drive it.

Have a word with Chas in the concours tent  IWE (whitest TR6 you will ever see) fitted 45,s and a road rocket.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter

Thanks chaps, I did speak with Emerald and I have a set of 45’s arriving today, the manifold will hopefully also arrive today, I just need the engine to be ready now.

Ian

My delivery from Jenvey arrived yesterday, my Weber manifold from Racestorations arrived today, the best news is that my engine is ready for collection tomorrow, another three months and I might be on the road again!

Ian

Looks good Lee, I hope you get the engine sorted soon.

Trial fitting today, had to do a fair bit of grinding to get the inlet manifold to sit nicely with the Phoenix exhaust manifold. I then had to drill holes in the inlets for the air bypass valves, easily done but I was very concerned about ruining the TB’s. Next area  to look at s the fuel plumbing, that’s tomorrow’s job. 

Ian42570115-65AA-41D0-BCA8-02B2BB2E98F5.thumb.jpeg.9ec7e58e5dd27962789159792d336c2c.jpeg

I've been using this manifold for the last year Roger, it was ok with the Triumph TB's, I'll have to see how it works with the Racestorations inlet.

Ian

On 8/14/2019 at 9:23 PM, harrytr5 said:

Ian,

Check out Chas's TR6 in the concours tent.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter

Doesn’t seem to be there

On 8/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, iani said:

Trial fitting today, had to do a fair bit of grinding to get the inlet manifold to sit nicely with the Phoenix exhaust manifold. I then had to drill holes in the inlets for the air bypass valves, easily done but I was very concerned about ruining the TB’s. Next area  to look at s the fuel plumbing, that’s tomorrow’s job. 

Nice!

Where did you buy the Weber manifold?

I am curious about your engine spec (CR, Cam etc). The Jenvey Bodies come with 350cc injectors which I always thought might be overkill....I have Bosch 213cc injectors......at full load a DC of 80% is recommended, not exceeding 90%. ..with a DC of 80% and about 200 HP it gives you 224cc injectors...or with 350cc injectors you have a 50% DC.....the debate would be if this is too low.

Jochem

7 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

Nice!

Where did you buy the Weber manifold?

I am curious about your engine spec (CR, Cam etc). The Jenvey Bodies come with 350cc injectors which I always thought might be overkill....I have Bosch 213cc injectors......at full load a DC of 80% is recommended, not exceeding 90%. ..with a DC of 80% and about 200 HP it gives you 224cc injectors...or with 350cc injectors you have a 50% DC.....the debate would be if this is too low.

Jochem

The cylinder head is from Peter Burgess and is his "Fast Road" spec', the Cam is a Newman PH2. The block is bored to +30 and the rotating assembly has been balanced/lightened, assembled with ARP head bolts & flywheel bolts.

Ian 

32 minutes ago, JochemsTR said:

Ian, who will be doing the base mapping? 

Yourself? 

Jochem

The Emerald ECU is optionally supplied with a base map Jochem, I asked for this. I'd missed you asking where I got the manifold from, it came from Racestorations and is unbranded.

Ian

Edited by iani

Hi Ian. I have Jenveys and Emerald Management (K6 ECU) in my TR6, on a +0.40 bore, PB head, 10:1 CR, plus many other mods.  I run a Newman cam, which is not listed on their web site. You could get away with a different cam with that management system, and a cam that offers more valve lift, providing you have a good exhaust system including manifold, you should find the results quite entertaining. It should also be totally tractable.

Cheers.

40 minutes ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Hi Ian. I have Jenveys and Emerald Management (K6 ECU) in my TR6, on a +0.40 bore, PB head, 10:1 CR, plus many other mods.  I run a Newman cam, which is not listed on their web site. You could get away with a different cam with that management system, and a cam that offers more valve lift, providing you have a good exhaust system including manifold, you should find the results quite entertaining. It should also be totally tractable.

Cheers.

Thanks Tom, my engine is all assembled now so I’ll see how I get on with the PH2, I have a Phoenix manifold and their single pipe system, hopefully the results will be acceptable, if I need to change the cam I cam I will do.

Ian