Strap fitting on roof

Hi all

Please see pic', suddenly this is now hanging.  I can see it goes into the slot at the back but I cannot figure out hows its secured.  Can anyone advise please?  Thanks

1358031223_hangingstraproof.thumb.png.b23d975c33084e95325c67170f9fac4e.png

15 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi all

Please see pic', suddenly this is now hanging.  I can see it goes into the slot at the back but I cannot figure out hows its secured.  Can anyone advise please?  Thanks

1358031223_hangingstraproof.thumb.png.b23d975c33084e95325c67170f9fac4e.png

Get a small length of 3/16"-- !/4" dia. s/s bar and cut to length. Do not use m/s as you will get a rust stain on the nylon webbing and paint work. Thread through slots retainer bar and lock in position with cut length bar.

Bruce

30 minutes ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

but do I have to stitch the webbing around the said pin?

Yes you do.

Stuart.

5 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Urgghh....  not my strongest skill!

Find a Boy Scout.

Stuart.

8 hours ago, stuart said:

Yes you do.

Stuart.

Post us a photo of the end of the webbing that fits into the rear rail of the hood. 

If you bought webbing specified for the TR6 it should have the sewn loop at one end - so you would not need to do it. 

Cheers

Peter W

21 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Urgghh....  not my strongest skill!

Hi Rich,

sewing small things like straps is easy, even without a sewing machine. I do all mine by hand.

Get a sewing machine needle and set it into a handle (I use a 1/3" diameter Ali rod apprx 4" long - rounded end).

The thread goes through needle as normal.

Push this through the material and then use another needle with plenty of thread to pass through the loop and then pull the first needle out.

Repeat this and keep the thread taught all the time.

An Inch or so takes 10 minutes and can look just like a machine stitch.

Roger

14 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Rich,

sewing small things like straps is easy, even without a sewing machine. I do all mine by hand.

Get a sewing machine needle and set it into a handle (I use a 1/3" diameter Ali rod apprx 4" long - rounded end).

The thread goes through needle as normal.

Push this through the material and then use another needle with plenty of thread to pass through the loop and then pull the first needle out.

Repeat this and keep the thread taught all the time.

An Inch or so takes 10 minutes and can look just like a machine stitch.

Roger

Thanks . . the thought makes me shudder. . .  

I got taught how to fix hole in a sock during my Army training days maybe this can help a bit!

Rich