I was prompted by David Ferry's post about brakes to comment on the brakes on my TR3a.

They are totally standard albeit I rebuilt the callipers and fitted new cylinders / seals all round when I rebuilt the car.  Having just come back from completing the LBL Rally I can confirm that they coped with the Stelvio, Gavia and Penne passes without any drama.  No fade just a bit of a squeal developed towards the bottom of the Stelvio on the  second time around - since gone.

By all means fit dual circuit brakes if you want to remove a single point of failure but the rest of the braking system appears to be well up to coping with the performance of a slightly uprated car and will cheerfully lock the wheels when someone steps in front of you.

Rgds Ian

Edited by Ian Vincent

Ive never had a problem with standard TR brakes either, they have always been well up to the job.

Stuart.