Naturally Matt is correct... he owns a '6 and a 2000!

If your TR6 is currently bumperless, with nothing to rechrome, it's worth considering Harington's stainless bumpers:

https://groupharrington.com/product/triumph-tr6-1969-1974-early-type-bumpers/

I fitted a set to my TR6 6-7 years ago and have been impressed by the fit and durability. They're shiny (of course) and hard to tell from chrome.

Enjoy your project!

Nigel

Thanks Matt and Nigel for the help. I must be honest I had a 2.5 PI back in the day but only just got the 6 but it didn't sound right as I remember my PI to be bigger than the 6..................... but I am getting old now so the grey matter cannot be trusted.

I have the harrington bumpers on re-built My Stag and they are superb as you can repair quite easily.

Thanks again guys

kind Regards

Wayne

Yes, the corner pieces on saloons are identical. However most people know this so you won’t find them much cheaper off a saloon!

Make sure you don’t get the ones with the holes for the rubber strips though (different part number), unless you are happy getting the mounting holes welded over (original rubber strip ones come up much more often, even NOS sometimes).

See here for confirmation of the interchangeability:

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-910158

Jake

Edited by jake_a