Return of Sanity?

Saw this car on Bonhams stand at The Game Fair today. It is consigned to the first Bonhams MPH drive through auction to be held at Bicester Heritage on 26th September. Estimate is 25-30K, is that just a 'come and buy me' or might it indicate a cooling in the market? The  car is MOTd to May 2020 and looks pretty straight. The bonnet fits badly and driver's side door gaps are poor, the side light housings are pitted and the stainless trim is missing from the rear of the hard top. The car does have overdrive and the interior looked pretty tidy with original type seats although non-original type head lining.

Tim

DSC01451.JPG

DSC01449.JPG

I would say that seams like a "come and buy me" marketing tactic.........

I have also spotted 2 other TR5's at Anglia Car Auctions in August....one with an estimate of £22,000 - £27000 and one no reserve!

I'll try and post a link but not sure if it will work as I am a computer caveman!

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1968-triumph-tr5-pi/

And this is the No Reserve one - looks decent but **** pictures, quite an early car though!

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-24th-august-2019/1968-triumph-tr5-pi-1/

Does anyone know anything about them? I wouldn't mind another little project ha ha :ph34r:

Brian

Edited by HPMUIRT