Can anyone tell me if the small pin/dowel  or whatever its called which fits in the bottom of the gearstick can be bought new. The one in mine looks quite worn I was expecting it to be round on the top and flat on the bottom where it sits inside its hollow with spring inside. Also the end of my gearstick has grooves around it- is this normal? I'm restoring my car and going through everything to make sure it's as it should be so appreciate your advice. 

Thank you

Michael

IMG_20190726_071746.jpg

IMG_20190726_071704.jpg

I believe the spring is the same as used on the synchro hub. I keep a few used ones ready to stop this sizzling of the gearstick but as it's a long time since I rebuilt my gearbox, stocks may be getting low

Maybe I should think about another gearbox rebuild.....

james

I recently replaced mine and whilst I bought the pin and spring from Moss I didn't use the pin but substituted it with a 1/4 inch ish diameter ball and even though this was shorter than the pin I still had to shorten the spring a tad to get a rattle free but not too tight action. A  Dob of grease is used to hold the ball in place until the ball enters the bore and the lever is secured.