Winchester blue paint code

I’m trying to find a source for Winchester blue paint for my ‘57 TR3. It’s PPG Ditzler 12013, ICI Mix 5944, Martin Senour 25430. I’m told this isn’t enough info and I should supply a sample. My car is mostly rust with a few patches of the original Colour on panels that can’t be sent in the post. Any help greatly appreciated. Paul 

3 minutes ago, T Rusty said:

I’m trying to find a source for Winchester blue paint for my ‘57 TR3. It’s PPG Ditzler 12013, ICI Mix 5944, Martin Senour 25430. I’m told this isn’t enough info and I should supply a sample. My car is mostly rust with a few patches of the original Colour on panels that can’t be sent in the post. Any help greatly appreciated. Paul 

I have that colour formulated in water base, Lechler. Happy to send you the formula?

Tom

Had a few days at the coast, back in work tomorrow :) 

On 7/26/2019 at 3:01 AM, T Rusty said:

My car is mostly rust with a few patches of the original Colour on panels that can’t be sent in the post. Any help greatly appreciated. Paul 

They really don't need much to scan the color, a small chip of few mms is enough 

6 hours ago, Geko said:

They really don't need much to scan the color, a small chip of few mms is enough 

My local scanner stockist needs a section 6" x 3" to work on but is very accurate then.

Stuart.

Hello TRusty

I bought good quality Winchester Blue aerosol cans from DH Auto Paints - they call it Rover Winchester Blue.  They have a website -the code I have is ICI 2922 and my local body shop supplied the correct stuff using this.

Good Luck,

Willie

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Gblake said:

Tom,

could you send me that formula for Winchester blue?  I’ve tried several paint suppliers in my area and they are not able to pull formulas for the paint codes I have for Winchester. 

Thanks 

greg

Hi Greg,

Have sent you a PM..... :)

Tom