Correct dizzy for a 1969 PI

Hi all

I was reading a post on here yesterday which suggested the correct dizzy would be a Lucas 22D?

I was going to send mine to the Dizzy Doc for a refurb but I need to be sure its a 22D I cant see any stamp to say it is and worryingly its marked 08 1974 which suggests its not the original one from the car.

Is a 1974 a 22D and anything I should look for? Or do I need another one?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, 22D is the generic type.

The Lucas part no is on a small plate, it should be 41219 for 69-72 PI cars.

If your distributor has a different number I would first talk to the repair shop (DD).

Waldi

Thanks Waldi I'll dig it out again and have a look.

Andy

Hi Andy, in a similar situation I could not get my 72 CP to run correctly and the id on the distributor did not match any of the numbers in the manual, I called Martin Jay ( Dist Doc) and he said, "it never will run correctly as its for a GT6 the weights are all wrong" ; obviously a PO had fitted the wrong distributor. Martin took my distributor refurbished it and set it up for a 72CP and re-stamped it a 22D6

Martin did an excellent job, money well spent

Regards Phil

Hi Andy, Mark's right forgot to mention that, my Distributor had the vacuum advance, Martin disconnected that and blanked it off

Hi folks 

Just checked mine again its a 41542B made 08 1974? which is for engines numbers from CR2846 so I guess its the wrong one as it also has a vacuum fitted.

So I need a  1969 spec 41219 with no vacuum for my engine which is CP26015HE.

Thanks

Andy

12 hours ago, Phil M said:

Hi Andy, in a similar situation I could not get my 72 CP to run correctly and the id on the distributor did not match any of the numbers in the manual, I called Martin Jay ( Dist Doc) and he said, "it never will run correctly as its for a GT6 the weights are all wrong" ; obviously a PO had fitted the wrong distributor. Martin took my distributor refurbished it and set it up for a 72CP and re-stamped it a 22D6

Martin did an excellent job, money well spent

Regards Phil

In my experience the DD can convert your distributor to the correct type for your car. Just tell him what you want?

Bruce.

3 hours ago, PodOne said:

Hi folks 

Just checked mine again its a 41542B made 08 1974? which is for engines numbers from CR2846 so I guess its the wrong one as it also has a vacuum fitted.

So I need a  1969 spec 41219 with no vacuum for my engine which is CP26015HE.

Thanks

Andy

Martin (DD) Will convert it for you, the hard to find part is the body with the rev counter drive, the guts of it can be converted easily to whatever spec required from twin SU through triple Webers to PI of whatever flavour 150 or 125.

Stuart.