Seat belt mounts and cylinder head torquing

Where is the best point to mount the seat belt buckle, on the floor or on the tunnel? Does it matter?

I have now done 100 miles in my restoration car. Is it time to retorque the head?

1 hour ago, John McCormack said:

I have now done 100 miles in my restoration car. Is it time to retorque the head?

I normally do them at 200 - 300 miles or thereabouts on the thought process that you have to allow enough gasket settling to occur before retorquing the head. I know that factory recommendation was 500 miles for retorque but that was on new (then they were) components whereas todays engines have many thousands of miles on them and are "stress relieved" by them obviating the requirement for longer bedding in processes. I  think that the 200 miles is long enough ...but not to long (experience) whilst at 100 miles there may yet be some further gasket movement to occur...which means retorquing again maybe at the end of the season (winter). Your car, your choice.

Mick Richards 

Thanks Mick. Fortunately we don't have a season problem. I'm going to replace the head with a low port one so I'll leave it for a couple of hundred miles and just change heads. Then retorque after a few hundred miles..