She's finally complete!!

or at least complete until my next task which is to get her ready to compete at Inter-club Triumph weekend in Stratford in a few weeks!!  Then of course there'll be the long list of snagging stuff no doubt… but she's on the road again and I'm a happy bunny.. :D  Thanks for all the help and advice I've had along the way... this forum has a wealth of knowledge if you use the search function!! Special thanks to Bill Bourne though, who has been absolutely brilliant as both a sounding-board and a helping hand. I think I would have made many more bad decisions during the rebuild without him..!!

Check out my Owners Blog on the website for more info on the rebuild... but in the meantime, here's some pics from the Henley show this afternoon... See you at Stratford... :D

Panch

Chap21-1.jpg

CHap21-2.jpg

Chap21-3.jpg

Chap21-4.jpg

Chap21-5.jpg

Chap21-6.jpg

Chap21-7.jpg

Chap21-8.jpg

Thanks guys... as per John's comment... very chuffed indeed with the result.. :D  Its always a little worrying when you go 'off piste' with colour combos as it can be so car dependent.. I saw an old SL Merc years ago with a similar combo and loved it, but sometimes something that works on one car just looks wrong on another.. seems to have worked on the TR though.. :D

Panch

Thanks Miles... yes, that stems back from the days when I used to judge car audio.. it was a real bugbear of mine that the audio had to be coherent with the car, rather than just looking like it had been 'bolted on' as an afterthought.. 

Sean, hood was custom-made by Trimmania in Finchampstead (near Reading). I personally think it looks better without the windows.. and it has the added benefit that the hood folds down more easily as the mohair folds over better than the plastic. I've got a zip out rear screen too so that doesn't suffer from the creasing you normally get either.. :)

Panch

Edited by Panch

Very nice Panch. I'm not a great fan of silver and I like to see a plank for a dash, but that's not the point. It's your car and you've done a great job.

Has anyone told you the luggage rack 'should' be the other way round (cue much discussion and thread creep) !

Jerry

Cameron, I can honestly say that I didn't notice any difference from inside the car. Firstly, I've got zero visibility out of those rear quarter windows anyhow due to the roll hoops, and secondly, the rear screen gives you plenty of light so I didn't miss any additional light that the rear quarter windows might have offered anyhow. I much prefer the look without them too..:)

Panch 

20 hours ago, Panch said:

Interesting... I'm guessing the principle behind this is that it would be better for the luggage to fall off the back when accelerating hard than come forward and knock you out when braking hard?? :blink:

Yes, the principle is that the braking G force (or sudden stop due to an immovable object) would be far higher than anything your power unit can muster. Also means you can mount your ski rack with the skis over the roof when posing.

Jerry 

The rack's raised rail might well be to prevent its luggage sliding forward as you open the boot lid for access to within.  Of course on many vintage cars the boot hinges were along the lower edge, and the boot also sloped downwards, so naturally their raised rail should then be at the back / bottom.  As you have yours fitted though, probably makes access to the fuel filler a little more convenient.