Caliper brake pipe

Had to pull the callipers off today as they had both seized, couldn't understand why I couldn't push it! (its a bit of a project)  one fought me a little bit, the other one fought to the death, well the little pipe that goes from the flexi into the back of the calliper did anyway https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/pipe-brake-front-hose-to-caliper-imperial-copper-309723.html?assoc=124318 can anybody please tell me what the size of the fittings are please so I can ofrder the bits to make a new one.

Many thanks 

You will need these https://automec.co.uk/collections/fittings/products/brass-brake-pipe-fittings-unf

and then the female version if you go on to illustration 3

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks Stuart 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Had to pull the calipers off today as they had both seized, couldn't understand why I couldn't push it! (its a bit of a project)  one fought me a little bit, the other one fought to the death, well the little pipe that goes from the flexi into the back of the caliper did anyway https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/pipe-brake-front-hose-to-caliper-imperial-copper-309723.html?assoc=124318 can anybody please tell me what the size of the fittings are please so I can order the bits to make a new one.

Many thanks 

If it is a genuine a TR4/4A/250/5 and TR6 to '73 caliper (with 1/4" diameter pins to retain the pads) then the pipe nuts are 3/8 x 24 UNF male one end to fit the caliper and female the other for the hose.

If it is a TR6 post '73 caliper (with 3/16" diameter pins to retain the pads) the nuts required will be 10 mm Metric male to fit the caliper and UNF female for the brake hose. 

Peter W

PS Have fun shaping the pipe.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Many thanks guys bits arrived this morning got the pipe made up and fitted, found that if I bent the pipe roughly to shape off the car using the old one as a template, then 'started' the pipe threads  on the calliper and flexi whilst the calliper is unbolted, then bolt up the calliper, then nip up the fittings on the pipe all went well. I do still have nightmares of the first time I tried this, some years ago, with both the flexi pipe and the calliper firmly bolted up ....not a good afternoon ! :ph34r:

Edited by Graham