Early 4-pot configuration

I finally got my Doretti engine back together in its original early configuration, with the double thermostat and center outlet radiator. The Dorettis got many of the earliest TR engines, including TS 1E!

Cheers

Dan

PS Had to blank off the temp sender while I sort the gauge issues.  Also, a big thanks to Rodbr, who restored the thermostat housing - which was on the very brink of its demise

B721254A-6518-4FEC-9560-05C01C0DE536.jpeg

Edited by 2long

That looks good Dan. I looked for TS4E without success which had been taken out of an early Doretti, and replaced with aTR4 engine.

Cheers

Richard

• 1 year later...

Dan and Richard, do you know if those earliest Dorettis used the double bend steel bottom pipe/straight rubber hoses as per the very early TR2s?Triumph changed to the later more straight pipe with 2 bent rubber hoses at engine TS413E.Subsequently continued with the earlier type thermostat housing.

Roger M-E

Edited by roger murray-evans
missed name

and if anyone's double thermostat housing is suspect, incorrect or beyond redemption, Pete Cox sports cars has a small supply of new replica items available
https://petecoxsportscars.co.uk/spares-shop/ols/products/tr2-thermostat-housing

Ian