Probably the wrong place for this topic/post.

However, I have this one cluttering up the workshop and am open to any sensible offers via eBay. I’d love it to go to a new home. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucas-ammeter-Range-Rover-classic-Triumph-Morris-Austin-50-0-50/254270361591?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

if it’s of interest, please make an offer, whatever you feel it’s worth to you.

David

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a 50amp ammeter, it came without the male spade fittings. Does anyone know where the male spades can be obtained, particularly the wide ones?

Thanks

Graham

Unless I have misunderstood, I think that the male spade fittings required by Graham will the the ones to be fitted onto the back of the ammeter - the TR4's wiring loom will have Lucar connectors to push onto these fittings.

Any local business which undertakes vehicle wiring will be able to supply a couple of fittings which can be connected to the screw terminals on the ammeter, providing spade connections for the car's wiring.

Near me, in Aylesbury, there is a business which does nothing other than re-wire and fix electrical problems in cars - always interesting to visit as often there are some really exotic beasts in there.  I obtained all the parts necessary to fit relays for the operation of my headlights and spotlights, thereby greatly improving the effectiveness of my lights as the poor old lighting switch was relieved of the load and volt drop was reduced!  See article in TR Action 296, March 2017.

Ian Cornish