Classical Dash

19 hours ago, RogerH said:

Roger - I will try and get his details for you.

Cheers Darren

Edited by DRD
Update

Hopefully Classic Dash will see this either on Facebook or on this forum and take up the opportunity to respond to these allegations?

I will never again deal with a supplier on those terms.

Me too in the UK. As far as I'm aware, the card can only legally be debited when the goods are available for dispatch, not in anticipation of their supplier supplying them in (my case) three weeks time.

Regards

Bill 

Strong stuff roger. I have dealt with Ian at classic dash and found him very helpful. Not sure Facebook is the place to start trolling people, surely there is a proper process to follow? Both sides of a story etc etc. mediation first ? 

there was an article in tr action ref S&M triumph is it a similar line to that episode?  Perhaps a complete misunderstanding, not for us to say, is it? 

This episode seems far removed from my experience with them. I guess it must be getting on for 10 years ago though. They bent over backwards to help when I scratched my glove box door and repaired it free of charge. 

2 hours ago, elclem1 said:

Strong stuff roger. I have dealt with Ian at classic dash and found him very helpful. Not sure Facebook is the place to start trolling people, surely there is a proper process to follow? Both sides of a story etc etc. mediation first ? 

there was an article in tr action ref S&M triumph is it a similar line to that episode?  Perhaps a complete misunderstanding, not for us to say, is it? 

Halvor has been on this forum and appears a normal guy. There are others that have had the same treatment.

I understand that Graeme Cook in BC had the same/similar issues.

Roger

Worth reading again. Also the internet is littered with similar stories from other car marques.

G

Guys, I'm going to jump to Ian's defense a bit here... I'm not a personal friend or anything, but I've just had a dash, switch plinth and door caps from him a couple of months ago. OK, he's massively snowed under at the moment with work, and I had to badger him rather to get my bits, BUT, he's gone above and beyond in terms of helping me out, even to the point of personally delivering the dash up to Protek because he couldn't get it out by courier in time.. I don't know what's happened in Halvor's case.. and I can't comment on his experience, but I have to say, I'm a little surprised as my experience has been very different recently.. 

Panch 

Edited by Panch

This Dispute has now been resolved.

Many Thanks to all for the Advice and Support both here on the Forum and Facebook.

If someone could Post Halvor’s response that was Posted Today on FB it would be appreciated,Cheers and Thanks for the Support.

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP!!!! - UPDATE

Yesterday I posted my side of a dispute with Classical Dash regarding supply of a wooden dash for my ’71 TR6PI. Ian Bond – owner of Classical Dash not surprisingly told me last night he has a different story…. Anyway:

Last night a fellow TR enthusiast – having read my story and felt my frustration - took it upon him to build a bridge between Mr. Bond and myself.

I CAN TODAY CONVEY TO ALL OF YOU THAT WE HAVE GENUINELY SETTLED THE DISPUTE AND THAT A DASH IS NOW IN MY POSSESION!!

This is very good news and means I can look forward to my “soon to be” retirement giving me time to finalizing the restoration of my TR6.

Why did it come to this? As often with human beings; my general statement is: - lack of proper communications. What you say may not be what I interpret you are saying….

Before I get too philosophical, the message from my friend, who is storing the dash until my next visit to UK, is that the dash in burr walnut looks stunning and for sure would be to my likings!!!

Special thanks to those of you that has assisted in the closure of this dispute!!

Halvor Asland

Glad to see that this has all been resolved, it was a shame that it had to be escalated publicly to get the matter sorted though.

My experience having dealt with a lot of these cottage style companies in the classic car world... is that there are a lot of really good craftsmen out there that excel in the quality of their work but are rubbish at running a business and all it entails...

Just wanted to add my experience with Classical Dash

I purchased a dash from Ian at the Shepton Mallet show about 5 weeks ago,

we spent a fair bit of time going over the different types of veneer, finally settled on burr elm.

I got a email from him after 2 weeks to say dash was being worked on, the following week

i sent him a mail and 4 days later i got  reply ( don't worry if it takes a while to get a response he is busy and could do with a secretary  )

We went over to his place the next day and picked the dash up. Its Beautiful worth every penny.

Ian's a proper craftsman, not knocking out 1/2 dozen dashes a day on a assembly line, all hand made to order.

L

11 hours ago, jogger321 said:

My experience having dealt with a lot of these cottage style companies in the classic car world... is that there are a lot of really good craftsmen out there that excel in the quality of their work but are rubbish at running a business and all it entails...

And as we get on, we're all becoming managers used to work with dead-lines, productions targets, running to cover for overheads and of course we do expect everybody to think and act the same. Yet, we are reluctant to have CC charged upfront...

Great to see this is all sorted. Nice to see a positive outcome, sometimes suppliers are a victim of there own success...

Great time to close this thread :)

Tom