Anyone know of a reason why a new butterfly should not fit properly? Is there a right way / wrong way. One carb fits fine, the other is sticky and doesn't fully close.The old one fits fine, bad manufacture of the new one?

Have you got it the right way round? They are chamfered slightly one side.

Stuart.

23 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Roger,

did you centralise the butterfly first and then nip up its attachment screws?

Roger

Yes, it sat fine until tightening the screws - then it would stick. Other carb was no problem with new disc. Old disc fits fine so have put that on back on. Now looking for a good carb set up procedure. 

38 minutes ago, rogerowen said:

Yes, it sat fine until tightening the screws - then it would stick. Other carb was no problem with new disc. Old disc fits fine so have put that on back on. Now looking for a good carb set up procedure. 

Where did the offending butterfly come from? Send it back and complain. I buy all my SU parts from here, they have tech books too. http://sucarb.co.uk/

Stuart.

17 minutes ago, stuart said:

Where did the offending butterfly come from? Send it back and complain. I buy all my SU parts from here, they have tech books too. http://sucarb.co.uk/

Stuart.

Ordered from Rimmer, but the box says Burlen. What I did notice was a scratched cross on the offending disc - maybe it didn't pass QC but still found its way to me. Done a lot of fettling on this particular project - one wheel cylinder was badly cast and the handbrake lever was jamming, but a few minutes with the Dremel sorted that. Brake drums will be sorted on arrival of a 9/16th reamer. Tempus Fugit! :D

2 hours ago, rogerowen said:

Ordered from Rimmer, but the box says Burlen. What I did notice was a scratched cross on the offending disc - maybe it didn't pass QC but still found its way to me. Done a lot of fettling on this particular project - one wheel cylinder was badly cast and the handbrake lever was jamming, but a few minutes with the Dremel sorted that. Brake drums will be sorted on arrival of a 9/16th reamer. Tempus Fugit! :D

I find buying from TR Shop a better bet.

Stuart.