Whats this bracket for?

Hi All

You can tell its way to long ago that i stripped down my 6 as i have no idea what this bracket on the chassis is for, or if it for anything as i can't remember taking anything off it.

So its a small bracket welded between the unpper and lower sections with two captive nuts, one near the top and one near the bottom. You can see it highlighted in the circle in the attached pic, which is not of my car just a random one i found, but its the same bracket in the same place.

So two questions, Whats it for, if anything and do my fuel lines go inside it or outside it?

Cheers

Keith

Chassis bracket.png

1 hour ago, Mark69 said:

Hi Keith,

Fuel lines don’t go that far back they take a route up the rear of the front main diff bridge, follow the bottom the tub over the top of the half shafts then enter into the boot area.

Hope this makes sense Mark

Not normally, they go up the the front side of the rear shock bridge and into the boot.

Stuart.