Seam sealing TR2 body shell

I'm at the stage where I need to think about sealing the seams on my TR2s restored

shell.As the car has been sandblasted, painted, left unused over the last 25+ years

and re-blasted by me, it's absolutely devoid of any original sealant whatsoever.

Most of where it's needed it is pretty obvious, and out of sight where it doesn't matter cosmetically,

but where abouts underbonnet and boot area do I need to concentrate?Floors?

The inner wing joints to bulkhead looks as though they might benefit, esp as the quality of factory

welding (arc) is pretty dire.Also the closing plates for brake/clutch cylinder and the

blank, bulkhead to scuttle etc.I don't want to go too mad as I want the car to be as close

to factory standard as poss, but perhaps with a bit more care.

Recommended gunge for the job?I'm currently at the 1st coat of 2K primer stage over bare metal

and would like to get the sealant done before continuing the paint processes.

Thanks

Roger M-E

Seam seal every seam no matter where inside and out, use a good brush on sealer with a small stiff brush so you can work it properly into the seams, then smooth over with a wet finger. With a good 2 pack primer and a proper flat down you wont see it once its painted.You need to be better than the factory at doing it then it will last. I use a Tetrosyl sealer https://www.tetrosylexpress.com/product/tcat2071-sealants/tetrosyl-bss001-seam-sealer-1kg-tetbss001/TETBSS001

Once you have been all round the first time, leave overnight and then go round again and just check for any shrinkage and touch in.

Stuart.

select2 (20).jpg

169.JPG

170.JPG