CSCC Anglesey 20/21st July 2019

The Classic Sports Car Club have a 2 day meeting at Anglesey Sat 20th/Sun 21st July. With a packed programme, we all get 2 races, a 30 minute one on Saturday on the International circuit layout and a 30 minute one on Sunday on the Coastal circuit layout with the Sunday grid decided by the Saturday race results.

The Swinging 60s Group 2 races have four TRs in a 20 car field. 2 x TR6s and 2 x TR4s. 

I've got my TR6 engine repaired after a very disappointing and expensive breakage at Spa in June on the first lap in the first race of the weekend, so I will be out again at this meeting. A huge thank you to Jon Wood for getting the parts together and undertaking the work so quickly to get me back out again. Cheers Jon, very much appreciated.

Anglesey may not be the most accessible circuit to get to for lots of people but it's a great circuit and well worth the effort of making the journey, so come along if you can.

Dave McD

I will be there Dave, weather permitting, as parts from my old TR5 will be appearing on at least 2 cars that I know of!

Mike

I would have come to say hello if I wasn’t trying to get up loton park hill climb in my 3a

anglesey circuit is a great place amazing views of Snowdonia and the sea. Fast and sweeping track. 

Fingers crossed for good weather for you.

h

12 hours ago, MikeHughes said:

I will be there Dave, weather permitting, as parts from my old TR5 will be appearing on at least 2 cars that I know of!

Mike

Mike,

I knew about one car "robbing" your TR5 bits. See you there, Saturday forecast weather questionable, Sunday a bit better at the moment.

Dave

No Jon, Dave using the wheels and tyres off my old race car and Robs borrowing the drive shafts!

I will be there if the weather looks OK. If so I will be ringing someone for a ticket when I get to the circuit.

Mike

Forgot to put SD card in camera so no vids -Grrr. Pity as mate was really getting the hang of it in his 2nd and 3rd races. Started the Sunday on. As not done a standing start in it, lost a good few off the line but then over took a lot of cars in his stint.

Close to my times by end of second race, so if we can get our pitstops sorted we can maybe start challenging for class wins again.