Vredestein T-Trac 2 165/r15 tyres

I have them on my 4..... they  work really well and, as you say, half the price of Sprints. 

The downside is that the side-wall doesn’t look as nice .... but I prefer the extra pennies in my pocket (or in the fuel tank!)

.......Andy 

As you may know, unless you have a shell with the later raised section boot floor your 165 tyre may or may not go in the spare wheel hole when inflated. 

Peter W

I replaced all my tyres with Trac 2s a few months ago. The sidewalks seem quite soft but that’s about my only criticism. They provide loads of grip even in the wet. Can’t comment on their durability because they are too new. 

Excellent value for money.

Rgds Ian

I use them too for some years now - they provide grip on dry as well as on wet Surface.

The grip level of my TR3A could be better - but this should be blamed on the Suspension, not on the tyres.
They were a great improvement over the Firestones I was using beforehand

Durabilty may be OK - I Change them for age, not for wear. Due to our last trips & some Trouble in the front suspension, I suffered stron wear on the outside shoulders of the front  tyres - the wear on the rear is quite low.  So with normal driving & Setup they should last some 20k miles 

Regards, Johannes

Edited by j-eichert
additional info

Have Michelin XAS on my wires but for the winter i fitted these to my Knock-on Tinilites and they are a revelation. Like them a lot and the sidewall look while not a classic look is not too bad.

As a tyre, great do not walk the walk on the tread the way XAS seem to. I like them on my 3A.

Rod

....and congratulations on doing so! I'm about to get a set for Geoffrey (once he's returned from you know where!!). I have original T-tracs on at the moment but despite excellent tread depth they're 11 years old. I don't fancy doing the 10CR in hard rubber!

Super action shot - why not send to Wayne for TR Action.

IMHO, action shots are much more interesting than rows of parked TRs.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc
  • 7 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, ianc said:

Super action shot - why not send to Wayne for TR Action.

IMHO, action shots are much more interesting than rows of parked TRs.

Ian Cornish

I agree. I've seen nice ones, but where the shot is a series of front bumpers only or of tail lights clustered in close up with a 300mm zoom lens or similar. All depends on the time and patience and light. Unusual to spend the time it takes, say an hour or so and lots of good will, to make a good shot. Acrmtion shots are easier