Possibly..... Name rings a bell!

Will do some digging :)

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, Gordon Bayley said:

Iv just bought a TR6 YOD404L has any know this car previous owner Robert Millington

H, a Damson TR6 YOD 404L was owned in Paignton by my girlfriend Mandy in 1977, it was a nice original car at the time, p/x with the former owner in Exeter for her Mk 4 Spitfire, approx 40k miles, paint was rather dull, needed constant polishing, mechanically pretty trouble free though, Regards Steve

12 minutes ago, Steve Biscardi said:

H, a Damson TR6 YOD 404L was owned in Paignton by my girlfriend Mandy in 1977, it was a nice original car at the time, p/x with the former owner in Exeter for her Mk 4 Spitfire, approx 40k miles, paint was rather dull, needed constant polishing, mechanically pretty trouble free though, Regards Steve

It's great to the the TR6 looking so good, YOD 404L always had the wires by the way, I later bought a Signal red TR6 VTA 633J for £1595 from Dutton Forshaw in early 1978 when I was 21, it was bought in preference to a '72 Capri 3000E, does anyone know of this car? Steve

5 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

Steve,

its never been recorded in the TR Register and its not shown on the DVLA reg. check website

Derek

Sorry got reg no. wrong it was VTT633J had some problems with it at the time, all sorted under garage warranty, replacement hood(complete), metering unit, head gasket, bodywork rust problems repaired etc. etc. I still have the original sales invoice dated Dec.1977, Great car though , Great memories!

Hi Steve, It was in the TR Register up until 2010. The owner at the time noted that it was off the road and in fair / good condition. I do have an email address for the last owner if you want me to try and get in touch?

46 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

Hi Steve, It was in the TR Register up until 2010. The owner at the time noted that it was off the road and in fair / good condition. I do have an email address for the last owner if you want me to try and get in touch?

That would be great Thanks I would be most interested I will try to find that old invoice Steve

4 hours ago, Steve Biscardi said:

Hi Steve,

thanks for this, I have a lot of information about its history and maintenance over the last 20 years or so, but I don't have any record of Mandy as one of the keepers, it must be before my records started.

It is a very sound car and in lovely condition, not dull now, very nice paintjob done by a previous owner, who happens to live 3 doors away (small world). It has had a lot of money spent on it over the years and I had it recently valued at TR Bitz, also had the rear half shafts changed, new hood, gear box and dif oils changed plus general service, the car drives extremely well but due to an imminenet house move I may be selling it as I will be keeping my other TR6 that I bought in 1981. I will be very sad to see it go but the new house only has a double garage raher than a triple, which I have now

Cheers Gordon

12 hours ago, Steve Biscardi said:

I remember the car & owner in Torquay in the 70’s . Seem to recall it with a hardtop fitted .     Chris