Where are people obtaining steering track rod ends these days? I want a quality item not cheap foreign.

When I had my steering rack refurbished in 2005, I purchased and fitted a pair of Revington's greasable track rod ends (GSJ156GR) at the same time. 

Still there, and the boots have not disintegrated, although I see that Neil offers boots, in rubber or polyurethane, separately.

As far as I am concerned, this is a safety critical item, so what matter that this better quality item is more than twice the cost of the "ordinary" item ?

Ian Cornish

The problem is identifying what is better quality rather than more expensive.

I've gone for the eBay option on the assumption that track rod ends are churned out in their thousands for moderns and classics.

3 hours ago, ianc said:

When I had my steering rack refurbished in 2005, I purchased and fitted a pair of Revington's greasable track rod ends (GSJ156GR) at the same time. 

Still there, and the boots have not disintegrated, although I see that Neil offers boots, in rubber or polyurethane, separately.

As far as I am concerned, this is a safety critical item, so what matter that this better quality item is more than twice the cost of the "ordinary" item ?

Ian Cornish

Yes I agree Ian & I feel comfortable with an item coming from Revington. Thanks.