leaking metering unit

been asked about a unit that is leaking fuel from the black box on the side. Ideas anyone ? i have not seen before.

Roy

should add that the leak started overnight so under no pressure.

Edited by roy53

Just had the very same problem on a freshly reconditioned MU that was supplied to me by a well known company. Noticed it dripping - but not until the MU was bled and all 6 cyls running properly !

Under warranty so decided to remove it and refit old unit again. Reason was immediate failure of the diaphram inside for an unknown reason.

The supplier gave a full refund - but what a waste of 3hrs of time.

Bob

With mine I had similar symptoms- a new  fuelling diaphragm failed within an hour of operation after installation. The hole in the  rubber had expanded over the central shaft releasing the tight fit and allowing it to leak. The new diaphragm was supplied by one of the major UK suppliers and I suspect it was nitrile rubber - which doesn't sit well  Australian high octane.

I sent the MU off to be rebuilt with Viton components 2 years ago  and have had no problems since.