Escutcheon identity. Early TR?

I am trying to identify the small escutcheons in the photo. I had discounted the one I found as not a TR part until I found a second one, both have BRG overspray on, the same colour as the car. Both parts are stainless steel. The inner part marked 'top' fits underneath and into the outer part with countersunk holes. 1 1/4" overall length.

20190702_222356.jpg

I can't picture them on a TR2. If it is a very early long door TR2 they had a number of unique parts. 

Does it fit in the hole for the heater hoses on the firewall inside the engine bay? 

Hi John, thanks for your reply.  I have heater plates which are twice as large as these.

The car is a 54 short door so well into the production run.

I only paid them some attention after I saw BRG over spray on them as the car was originally that colour, but really can't think where they would go.  I can only assume they are not TR related and the over spray is pure coincidence! 

With the steel plates behind the escutcheon, there's possibly a "structural" element to them.  Were there any aftermarket parts back in the day that might have used rods or sticks in a different way?  Possibly some different kind of hood (or "top")?

5 hours ago, Ed -TR2 said:

Hi John, thanks for your reply.  I have heater plates which are twice as large as these.

The car is a 54 short door so well into the production run.

I only paid them some attention after I saw BRG over spray on them as the car was originally that colour, but really can't think where they would go.  I can only assume they are not TR related and the over spray is pure coincidence! 

Hi Ed. I have a short and a long door TR2, both of which I've done a body off rebuild on and I can't identify them.

Thank you for all your replies.

The washer jet mount would make sense. I Will check out the Healey connection, there is a guy round the corner from me who has rebuilt a couple.

It is so nice to get so many good responses. Thanks again. Ed

10 hours ago, Ed -TR2 said:

Thank you for all your replies.

The washer jet mount would make sense. I Will check out the Healey connection, there is a guy round the corner from me who has rebuilt a couple.

It is so nice to get so many good responses. Thanks again. Ed

I have rebuilt a few Healeys and I dont recognise it from them.

Stuart.

Great identification Keith and ptr2 

found these pics on line  - when you know what to look for !!

EBB2A83B-071F-47A4-8617-7CCB679F9E27.jpeg

2177BED3-A7E7-4485-A25A-FC06EDFD1236.jpeg