Tim Walker aka Tim Trinda contact info ?

10 years ago I fitted an OD logic controller from Tim. It has died. The email address I had no longer works, is Tim still around I wonder and does anyone have an email address for him ?.

I'd like to replace it with the same unit if poss.

Stan

Hi Stan
yes, Tim is still very much around and active on track days and local group events. I don't expect his warranty period covers 10 years though :D!
Cheers
Ian

I'm hoping that Tim is still making them.. The OD has been intermittent for some time but recently stopped working altogether. When I operate the OD switch the LED warning light comes on and the OD does not engage, no obvious click from the solenoid etc.

Tims controller must be looking for a specific condition to determine that it is time to disengage the OD. If I take the controller out of the circuit the OD works as expected.

I could imagine that if something downstream has gone high resistance the controller may interpret that as an open circuit or the controller may have a fault.

Hoping that Tim can guide me through a bench test and make me a replacement if this one is bust.

Thanks for the PM Ian.

Stan

I think I have one her somewhere your welcome to it Stan as I never got on with it.

Stuart.

10 hours ago, stuart said:

I think I have one her somewhere your welcome to it Stan as I never got on with it.

Stuart.

What type is it Stuart?, Tim had the one that works only with a momentary switch and one that works with the standard OD switch, i need the latter. I recall that Guy had one that never worked properly too but i got quite used to it.

Stan

Im not entirely sure as its a very long time since I bought it, it has 7 wires out of it if thats any sort of clue. Either way your welcome to it and I will pop it in the post.

Stuart.

5 hours ago, stuart said:

Im not entirely sure as its a very long time since I bought it, it has 7 wires out of it if thats any sort of clue. Either way your welcome to it and I will pop it in the post.

Stuart.

The one I have has 5 wires so you may have the more popular version that requires the momentary switch.

Colin, I have been in touch with Tim, thanks. 

Stan

37 minutes ago, foster461 said:

The one I have has 5 wires so you may have the more popular version that requires the momentary switch.

Colin, I have been in touch with Tim, thanks. 

Stan

Oh well its FTGH if anyone wants it.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Oh well its FTGH if anyone wants it.

Stuart.

That is very generous of you Stuart. I'm curious why you decided it was not useful ?. My main problem was coming off an 80mph highway (55mph speed limit) onto an exit ramp and finding myself in 3rd overdrive because I forgot to disengage it. Perhaps a unique condition of exit 35 on Rt 3 south....

I didnt think it was as snappy in reaction times as the Revington one which I have and have fitted lots of.

Stuart.

• 1 month later...