Installing Front Ball Joints

Help!

ive removed the front offside ball joint as the gaiter was perished and the joint itself wasn’t in great nick

Attempting to install the replacement which I thought should be easy enough but I can’t tighten the nyloc which holds the ball joint to the vertical link - the joint itself turns as well as the nut!

I had assumed the fitting was tapered and would self grip - an I doing something wrong or could I have been sent the wrong part?  I bought it from ANG classic car parts and it claims to be for a TR6 - part number GSJ131 (same as Rimmers)

Any suggestions gratefully received. 

Steve

Edited by Percy TR6
Added part no

You need to apply pressure to the taper for it to grip & oil on the threads to reduce friction.

I have this king of problem all the time, sometimes I get around it by putting a length

of wood between the ball joint and the wheel arch & jacking up the lower suspension arm until

the taper grips.

Harvey S. Maitland