Hi All

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.

Why?   because, …I’ve gone over to the dark side.

Yep I’ve bought, horror, an MG.

But nothing to compete with the 6 honest.

Lost my company car (diesel, grr) so have had to buy something and decided to go for an MG Zt so as to be not too run of the mill.

Ok its 15 years old but its nice with all the kit, heated leather seats, sat nav electric sun roof so well equipped in its day.

But it seems an odd one this as its got this funny badge on it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith,

we are growing in numbers:). I like MG’s too.

Last week a dear friend of mine passed away at a much too young age; besides several other cars, he had restored a rare maroon red MG-VA about 2 decades ago, a very beautiful car, and was a passionate member of the classic and vintage car scene. Life is a b...ch now and then.

Cheers,

Waldi

Hmm

Don't think its a future classic, think its already a modern one.

I just cannot think what this odd badge stands for never seen it on another Zt.

Cheers Keith

Was there supposed to be a picture of the badge in your post Keith? If so it doesn't seem to be visible.

Ah

Thats the problem, hopefully attached.

Unusual.thumb.jpg.c1caef487c9b136db12f89d4ae0e42d4.jpg

Edited by Keith66

Also closet MG owner. 

Slightly older, 1970 midget with mgf 1.8l engine and type 9 5 speed.  

Should be fun!

tim

Hi Rob

Nope, not quite as rare, as that is one of about 35 supercharged versions with about 380bhp.

Just curious as to how many people know about these things?

When MGR was independent, post BMW they did the mad thing of converting the front wheel drive Rover 75 into a rear wheel drive MG version (and a few Rovers) and stuffed a Ford Mustang V8 under the bonnet. A pretty limited market so the MG Zt 260 is a rare beast, about 150 Estates and 700 ish saloons.

It was the stupidest maddest thing to do but it really is an epic car and I suppose its one of my car bucket list things, the other one is finish the 6!!!, soon.

I’ve been looking for a Ztt (Zt Estate) in one of the Monogram colours (a flip colour like the TVR’s of the time) but no joy as with some of the colours there were just one or two made. Then I came across this low mileage, more or less one owner car (if you ignore MGR and the administrators) in fab condition for a mid 2000’s Rover and couldn’t say no despite the X-Power Grey colour.

Almost like a modern version of putting a Stag 3.0 V8 in a Triumph 2500s Estate.

That would have been fun, did anyone ever do that?

Cheers  Keith

On 7/4/2019 at 10:49 PM, Keith66 said:

Almost like a modern version of putting a Stag 3.0 V8 in a Triumph 2500s Estate.

Cheers  Keith

Del Lines built a few back in the 70s, don't know if he was still doing it by the time the S came out though.

Allan Chatterton has the original Del Lines Estate, now with its original DEL 33 number plate reinstated, it turns up on Triumph events all over the country.

I built my own a few years ago, currently it is in bits as I am respraying it due to micro-blistering of the paint. My Stag engined estate has efi and 185bhp

Neil

On 7/4/2019 at 10:49 PM, Keith66 said:

Neil is spot-on about  Ian ‘Del’ Lines There have been quite a few articles in the classic car press about it. 

The Mustang-engined ZT/T’s were absolutely bonkers - in a good way :) 

...... Andy 

Edited by AndyR100