Looking at the programme of events for next years Euro meeting, I was suprised to see a car club going to vist a motorbike museum. I just wondered what was the thinking behind this decision.  I would have thought that something connected with cars would have been more appropriate. I am sure there must be a logic somewhere but at the moment I cannot work it out. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I will join the 2020 Euro meeting, if my reservation will be eccepted.

As I also own motor bikes, and have been there before, I'm very happy with the visit of the national motor bike museum / Birmingham.

Even if the bikes are shown there a little bit "tight".

Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. As a Kid always wanted to go out with my father on his BSA Bantum then afterward his Norman. He took me to the factories, Years later I drove  bikes without a license :ph34r: Went to Brands Hatch every Boxing day to see the sidecars racing etc. Have had long talks with Jihn Surtees about his Norton days. So I am quite happy with the decison to go to the Museum.  I just wondered why an International car club event, go to a bike museum. Especially as there is a very high content of Ladies at these meetings.  No more, no less.

Edited by Peter Douglas Winn
Typing mistake

Hi Peter, we looked at the Coventry Transport museum which would be a great venue for a TR visit and could provide a good lunch venue as well. However, parking for 150+ TRs was very difficult, as the museum car park is very small. The only suitable location within easy walking distance was nowhere I would want to leave my TR. We tried Gaydon and they have their biggest event of the year that weekend with a truck festival. The Motorcycle museum is a brilliant museum and lunch is fixed for the adjoining National Conference Centre which can easily feed the expected 350 people attending, no small feat in itself. It was also pointed out that there are lots of bike fans in the TR clubs and many TR events just do car related stuff so why not branch out a bit. We did. In terms of the partners, we evaluated other options but the ladies of the organising team that visited the museum also thought is was an excellent venue. We are visiting Blenheim Palace the previous day, not a car in sight, apart from lots of TRs parked on the parade ground. However, we know we cannot please everybody all of the time.

For those not seen the plan, here is the latest information: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2020/09/1352/UK-European-Meeting-Coventry-September-2020

The event is open to members from any of the TR Register related clubs across Europe. Another great reason to join the TR Register or a TR club near you. Registration will open in late October 2019, once we have finalised the details and set the final price. All European TR clubs with advise their members of the details and will take bookings then. Bookings will close by 1st March 2020.

The above website event page will be updated as more details become available.

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey
On 7/3/2019 at 2:49 PM, Z320 said:

;)

Mike

Thanks a lot. I was sure there was a sensible reason I just could not work it out.

I know how hard it is to please everybody. I myself have been on the orga teams many times over a period of thirty years. I think if you can please 70% you are doing very well. Mike I am already on the waiting list for both events. We are looking forward to seeing everybody again. I would have loved to see the transport museum, perhaps I can do it privately. The family have told me how good it is.

• 2 weeks later...