Went on the dyno this morning at 9 O'clock , 150.9 BHP at the flywheel,  came off at 11.30............194.7 BHP at the flywheel,  I'm a happy boy. :D

54 minutes ago, trtyme said:

What mods have you done?

Yes, I'm fascinated to learn what it takes to get almost 200bhp from a TR6 engine. Still on Lucas PI?

Please spill the beans!

Nigel

More importantly which dyno was it ? did they pump up the tyres to 40 lb, ? and what were the revs showing when the HP and torque lines crossed. ?

Mick Richards

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I reckon a supercharger was bolted on at around 11am, approximately .:D

Cameron

:D

7 to 10 psi boost would do it. 

Peter

Ok yes totally accept one Dyno's 194 BHP  is another's 174 !  So yes totally happy to take this figure with a pinch of salt. The main reason I put the car on the Dyno was I thought it was running to lean and it was.

The power hike was totally down to an uprated MU. Yes tyre pressures were raised but that was to lift the car a bit as the exhaust was bottoming out on the ground when the car dropped into the rollers.  Power  figure quoted was at  5750 ( power was still rising  all be it slowly but engine is on standard crank so we all agreed that was far enough) max torque 5250 

Mods Increased diameter plenum with high flow filter, Oseli modified big valve head, 10.5:1 compression. Rally cam, extractor manifold and shouty exhaust KMI 'Sprint' spec metering unit. Plus the usual stuff you do to the bottom end to stop it going bang, and it runs on a mix of V power and some Devils brew additive tha Fuzz Towsend sells. 

Dyno promised to email me the Dyno traces ( for what they are worth) will post the when I get them.

Thanks for the info Graham, perhaps you could let us know which Dyno firm it is and where the HP and torque curves cross ( you may not be able to do that until you get the dyno traces).

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Mick from memory I think they crossed at peak torque 5250 or perhaps I'm getting confused and the traces crossed at 5250 but the peak torque figure was different ! 

TBH it  was the first time I've ever put a car on a Dyno so although the guys tried to explain everything to me obviously I should have paid more attention or taken more of it in a least !

Dyno was Enginuity 

like I said they have promised the traces so will post them when I get them I did try to take photo's of the screen but I should have turned the flash of as I have a number of great pictures of the flash reflection in the screen.

Just looked at one of my rubbish photo's and yes torque and power cross at 5250 and this was peak torque 185.9 ft/lb

Edited by Graham

Enginuity are well regarded so i for one believe their numbers to be realistic

^ + 1  Engenuity have a good name.

Mick Richards

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Mods Increased diameter plenum with high flow filter, Oseli modified big valve head, 10.5:1 compression. Rally cam, extractor manifold and shouty exhaust KMI 'Sprint' spec metering unit. Plus the usual stuff you do to the bottom end to stop it going bang, and it runs on a mix of V power and some Devils brew additive tha Fuzz Towsend sells. 

....and this results in 194.7 BHP?

The engine is a 2.7 liter I assume? What is the duration of the cam? 300 degrees?

Jochem

10 hours ago, Graham said:

it runs on a mix of V power and some Devils brew additive tha Fuzz Towsend sells. 

I had completely missed that fuzz was now mr classic oils !!!

https://www.classic-oils.net/MobileInfo.php?SectionID=7

And that they own TetraBoost. 

1 hour ago, JochemsTR said:

....and this results in 194.7 BHP?

The engine is a 2.7 liter I assume? What is the duration of the cam? 300 degrees?

Jochem

Jochem engine is on a +40 bore so to be honest not sure what that makes the engine CC wise, cam info  Duration 292     Valve Lift 0.504"       Valve Clearance 0.014"      Full Lift @105 degrees ATDC

Edited by Graham
spelling
17 hours ago, mike3739 said:

Lots of disbelief I sense here:o:ph34r:

Yes indeed!

A 40 hp increase from the tune up, was it really running that bad before?

6 hours ago, Graham said:

, cam info  Duration 292     Valve Lift 0.504"       Valve Clearance 0.014"      Full Lift @105 degrees ATDC

I have that cam in my concourse car's engine. 41/71/71/41 valve timing, collision type, i.e. more lift than headroom in the combustion chamber. It is fed by Weber 40DCOEs with 32mm chokes on mine, and it does rip compared to the CP cam I have in my driver. Never dyno'd it but reckon it has to be good for 170 BHP conservatively.

Supposedly this cam was developed by Racetorations, who supplied me (2) defective ones - the third I got from Piper directly and it has 5K miles on it now. It needs special springs and wide spring seats to cope with the lift; don't venture forth without these. Designation known to Piper is 1312@105. 200BHP+ is claimed to be achievable with this but may entail 7000 rpm capability and 2.7 litre displacement. Mine is only 0.030" overbored and stays below 6000 rpm.

The idle can be brought to heel too ( on Webers, at least :)  )  :

Cheers,

Tom

1 hour ago, DRD said:

Yes indeed!

A 40 hp increase from the tune up, was it really running that bad before?

No to be honest it had a very small flat spot at about 3000 rpm and a slightly bigger one at 4000 apart from that it ran really well, now it pulls like a train 

I'm still waiting for the Dyno dumps to be sent to me, apparently Enginuity are going 'old school' on me they are going to print them off and post them to me (and they are waiting for new printer ink to arrive as the recent hot weather 'cooked' the printer) 

But for those of you that 'do' Instagram, ( I don't nor do I really understand it  :o) the Dyno session has now been posted there apparently you need to search for Jerry @  Enginuity ????? 

23 minutes ago, Deggers said:

Here ya go, Graham ;)

link Instagram_Jerry

TReng1.thumb.jpg.08b81280af9782ed1ac1da10dcc74ae6.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Deggers many thanks your obviously more up with the technology than me !!

one thing I need to point out is that the cars isn't doing 176mph its 176KPH!

Edited by Graham
clarification

I'm visiting Revington TR later this month, they'll be rolling road tuning my TR6 to get it running as smoothly as possible and just for the hell of it!

By the time I get there the car will have covered around 2,000 miles since engine rebuild.

Cylinder overbore .040".

Camshaft 284 deg duration with .412" valve lift.

Polished & ported cylinder head with the larger inlet valves (cant remember how large?).

Zero decked block face with pistons & conrods match balanced.

Lightweight steel flywheel balanced as an assembly with the crankshaft and clutch cover.

I'll report what the car actually achieves, but all I'm after is an honest 150hp and a smooth reliably running TR6.

All I have to do now is make it as far as Somerset :).

Richard.