I have a load of original Girling 16P brake calipers that are about to be refurbished by Bigg Red. I have had one pair finished in black to go behind the black wire wheels on my BRG racecar.

my plan is to have these plated (not painted) in either the original type gold or silver. There will be new pistons and seals etc. Basically, they will be fully reconditioned and ready to fit.

The point of this post is to ask that if anyone is looking for a pair and wants then done in a particular finish, let me know as I will be taking to be done next week.

Price depends on finish.

Final point is that these are original castings and not the repro ones!!

David

I’ll be collecting the refurbed calipers from Bigg Red just before the Stratford International Meeting. If anyone wants a set of these calipers, or a pair of 3 pot Jaguar ones which are a straight fit on a TR, or a pair of type 14 calipers, please let me know and I will bring them with me for you.

David

I had started refurbing my original calipers, re-fitting SS pistons - but had to give up trying to fit the repair kit seals. Interesting about Bigg Red.